Canal du Midi to Coast Cycling HolidayEnlarge
Explore enchanting Carcassonne before some gentle cycling along the Canal du Midi; a picturesque, tranquil, and richly cultural route. From the extraordinary fortified town of Carcassone to the sandy beaches of the Mediterranean Sea, passing en route villages that seem stuck in time.
- Cycling Holiday
- Moderate Grade
- 7 nights
- 4 days
£1,169Prices per person (based on two sharing).
Book online or call 01580 214 010
Canal du Midi to Coast Cycling Holiday
Pyrenees and Languedoc
Outward: Depart St Pancras International station, change trains in Lille and Narbonne, arrive Carcassonne early evening. Transfer to hotel not included (10 minutes, about 20€).
Return: Train from Béziers or Sète, and change stations in Paris or Lille, arrive St Pancras International station early evening.
- Day 1 Arrival Carcassonne
- Arrive in the fortified town of Carcassonne and stay at the 2-star Hôtel Montmorency. An evening meal is reserved for you at a nearby restaurant. HB
- Day 2 Daytrip from Carcassonne - 17 miles (27.2km)
- Perhaps simply explore historic Carcassonne or saddle in on a hilly circuit to the south. Your second night is B&B enabling you to choose your own restaurant in the old town. B&B
- Day 3 Carcassonne to Homps - 26 miles (41.6km)
- Day 4 Homps to Cabezac - 16 miles (25.6km)
- Leave the canalside today to pass through olive groves to Bize-Minervois and your night at the 3-star Bastide de Cabezac, a superb hotel with pool. HB
- Day 5 Cabezac to Béziers - 27 miles (43.2km)
- More easy going cycling along the Canal du Midi to the villages of Colombiers and Capestang, to finally reach Béziers with its interesting old quarter and an aqueduct carrying the canal over the River Orb. Stay at Hôtel des Poètes. BB
- Day 6 Béziers to Sète - 31 miles (49.6km)
- Before leaving Béziers, be sure to visit the old town centre.You can buy fruit, bread, and cheese at the market for your picnic. You will ride right to the end of the Canal de Midi today, as it empties in to the sea at Agde. From there, enjoy the luxury of the beautiful new bike path that follows the sandy beach before arriving in the port town of Sète itself. Stay at the 2-star Hôtel le National. BB
- Day 7 Day at Sète
- Discover the charm of Sète, a busy port town also known as the ‘Venise du Languedoc’. Choose a restaurant and take in the Mediterranean way of life, or discover one of the many sandy beaches, but be sure to take your bathing suit as you will want to jump into the waves! Stay at Hôtel Le National. BB
- Day 8 Depart by rail
- Just a ten minute walk to the station either back to Carcassonne to collect your car or by TGV home via Lille.
Canal du Midi to Coast Location & Route
Canal du Midi to Coast View Hotels & Cuisine
Hotel - Hotel Montmorency - Carcassonn
The Hotel Montmorency is well located at the foot of the ramparts, facing the main entrance to the medieval city of Carcassonne. This charming family hotel offers you the charm of the middle ages together with today's modern comfort.
- City location.
- Swimming pool.
- Private car park.
- Beautiful gardens.
Hotel - Auberge De l'Arbousier - Homps
On the banks of the Midi Canal, the Auberge de l'Arbousier is a renovated former wine storage house. The dining room has original stone walls and a wooden ceiling. The terrace looks onto the canal, in the shade of plane trees.
- Characterful old house.
- Lovely setting.
- Pretty bedrooms.
Hotel - La Bastide De Cabezac
Much more than a three-star hotel, La Bastide Cabezac is a haven of relaxation and conviviality, in a comfortable setting, aglow with warm Mediterranean colours and ideal for a stay that will comine simplicity and taste.
- Swimming Pool.
- Wine cellar.
- Individual air conditioning system.
- Satellite TV.
- Mini bar.
- En-suite bathroom.
- Hair dryer.
- Bath robe.
- Separate toilet.
Hotel - Hotel Residence - Nissan
The'Hôtel Residence is a ancient 19th Century wine growers house, converted into a Balzacian style hotel in 1970. You can expect a warm welcome from the present owners Mme Bernadette & Mr Philippe Sans.
- Indoor garden.
- Swimming Pool.
- Shady Terrace.
- Air conditioning.
- Hair dryer.
Hotel - Hotel Des Poetes - Beziers
Facing the romantic Parc des Poètes, in the heart of Bezier the Hôtel des Poètes is a charming 2 * hotel. You will enjoy taking breakfast in an elegant old drawing room which is flooded with the morning sunlight.
- Peaceful but central location.
- Free Wi-Fi.
Hotel - Hôtel le National
Surrounded by a network of canals in the town centre of Sète, this charming hotel is set beside the Molière Theatre. It offers air-conditioned guest rooms with a TV and free Wi-Fi access.
- Elegantly decorated accommodations, a cheerful breakfast room, a lounge bar and reading room
Canal du Midi to Coast Prices & Book
£1169 Prices per person (based on two sharing).
£1579 Prices per person (based on two sharing).
£1222 Prices per person (based on two sharing).
High season (13 July - 31 August) add £40. No lone travellers. Starting days: Any.
Use the form below to send us a Booking Request for this holiday and we will contact you to arrange the details.
Want to know more?
Why not give us a call and we'll help you pick a holiday that suits you.
To book or tailor this holiday call us on 01580 214 010